Join the Pack
Now Hiring a Care Specialist
Come join the grrrreatest doggone team in the High Sierras! Dog Gone Amazing is currently looking for a caring, motivated and responsible dog lover to join our pack. The Care Specialist is responsible for the overall care, safety and activity of all dogs attending our Boarding and Day Care services at Dog Gone Amazing. This person will be key in helping us provide a safe, clean and social environment for dogs to learn and play.
- • Be familiar with each Boarding and Day Care dog to provide:
- • A safe, clean environment
- • Proper nutrition and care
- • Necessary accommodations and supplies
- • Proper activity – making sure they are having fun and getting the exercise they need.
- • Checking in dogs for Boarding and Day Care – Being sure to complete any necessary paperwork, and necessary care forms for each dog.
- • Checking dogs out of Boarding and Dailies – Making sure to provide any necessary updates to owners, accepting payment if needed and reminders about upcoming events and news
- • Provide excellent customer service
- • Follow the Care Checklist for each dog to be sure all accommodations have been provided throughout their stay
- • Taking dogs on outdoor hikes and following all safety policies and procedures
- • Keep a record of any important notes that other team members or clients need to know about dogs and being sure the information is recorded and delivered
- • Be proactive about the overall care of each dog – make sure you are addressing any concerns regarding their safety or welfare with the Kennel Director or the owner.
- • Protect care standards, being sure to following company policies and avoiding inconsistencies.
- • Keep kennels, tools, and equipment clean and properly sanitized
- • Create a welcoming atmosphere for clients by making sure the facility is free of clutter and messes and smells clean as well.
- • Answering phones, and returning client emails and phone calls
- • Understand all service offerings at Dog Gone Amazing and be able to educate clients
Part-time – Evening and weekend shifts
Pay starts at $10.50/hour D.O.E.
Benefits: 5 PTO days per year to start, regular team building and team events
This position has room to grow for the right person with options to move into full-time and higher-level positions.
Click the link below to apply online.