Whether you’re a diehard Halloween fanatic or you prefer to leave a candy bowl on the stoop and cuddle with your pup, it’s always fun to check out the season’s most adorable and clever dog Halloween costumes of 2016. After looking at our favorites from around the web, maybe you’ll be inspired to take Fido out Trick-or-Treating with the whole family this year.
Of course, we want to keep our dogs safe through all the chaos of costumes, candy and commotion, so here are a few safety tips for your dog this Halloween.
Quick Dog Safety Tips for Halloween
- Don’t leave your dogs in the front yard during Halloween. Aside from all the new, painted and costumed strangers roaming around, it’s common for Halloween pranksters to mess with dogs on Halloween night.
- If you plan on staying home to hand out candy, keep your dog away from the door so they don’t get overly excited or stressed with the constant opening and closing of the door.
- Pumpkin and other holiday squash are difficult for dogs to digest, so keep them away from their reach if your dog is a curious eater.
- Choose a non-flammable Halloween costume that doesn’t restrict vision or movement.
- Keep them away from that Halloween candy, of course! Sugar, especially chocolate, is extremely toxic for dogs. SO when the kiddos dump their whole bag of goodies on the floor at the end of the night, keep your dog out of the room.
Body Paint Ideas
Fierce (or Friendly) Tiger.
Super Dog Trio
Beauty and The Beast. Enough said.
Cosplay Super Mario Duo
Hot Dog and the Vendor
I am The Batman. Dogs with perky ears will wear this one best.
The Classic Pumpkin Carrying Costume
The Most Glamorous Pooch at the Party: Breakfast at Tiffany’s. This get-up is best suited for costume contests and
I say! Is That Sherlock Holmes? Talk about commitment to character!
Simple and Sweet Beanie Baby: Perfect for your cuddliest dogs